SMATRA TRAINING HUB PTE LTD
Inspiring • Innovative • Learning to Success!
Mission: To improve the professional lives of individuals and the performance of organizations through the delivery of superior quality education and training services. We strive to enhance individual learning and development with purpose for creating a better and safer workplace environment.
Vision: To be the leading provider for training solutions by maintaining the highest level of professionalism and integrity in our relationships with our clients and professional associates.
Smatra Training Hub Pte Ltd is a subsidiary of Wong Fong Academy Pte Ltd
SHIPYARD SAFETY INSTRUCTION COURSE FOR WORKERS – GENERAL TRADE (SSIC)-JOO KOON
The SSIC-GT is a mandatory WSH training course for all workers working in the shipbuilding and ship repairing industry. Shipyard workers are required to go through the SSIC before they start work at the shipyard. After the course, the learners should be able to recognize the safety hazards at shipyard work, know the preventive measures to be adopted, and the importance of observing safety signs and safe work procedures. The SSIC also aims to educate learners on their rights and responsibilities.
• Understand legal obligations in workplace safety and health
• Identify hazards in a shipyard
• Recognize all types of industrial safety signs
• Understand application process for safety permit prior to hot work
• Competent in wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Know and take safety precautions when working with different hazards
• Able to respond in case of fire or emergency
Assumed Skills and Knowledge:
8 Hours inclusive of 1 hour assessment
Written test (MCQ)
Learners who have successfully completed the course will be conferred a safety pass issued by Smatra Training Hub.